They say wine is an acquired taste. It took me some time to acquire it but when I did there was no stopping me. A lot of people love white wine. Tons of my girlfriends like to drink chilled glasses of Rieslings, a sweet often bubbly wine. Pinot Grigio is a particularly popular white wine. There is no selling me on this, I will always choose red wine. Give me a chilled (yes I know your supposed to drink it room temperature) glass of Malbec any day. In fact I traveled all the way to Mendoza, Argentina just to spend a few days biking from vineyard to vineyard and tasting as many varieties as possible. That’s how dedicated I am to wine.
The best part about being a red wine lover is, its actually good for you. A glass of red wine is recommended a day, they say its good for your heart. Who doesn’t want to do things that are good for their heart?
Here are some of the reasons you should drink red wine too.
1) Red wine contains resveratrol, which is a powerful antioxidant. This is why it is good for your heart, it can help protect it against Cardiovascular diseases.
According to Fit Day, “resveratrol also protects your heart and arteries against the effects of saturated fat in your diet, so drinking one or two glasses of red wine a day can help protect your heart and prevent cardiovascular disease.”
The antioxidants also help to prevent many other diseases even cancer.
2) It is good for your teeth. It helps harden the enamel making them stronger! Every night before you brush your teeth relax and drink a glass. Feel good about the fact that your safeguarding your teeth. After all this great information do you even need me to go on?
3) Red grapes help lower your cholesterol. Whats in red wine? That’s right! Red grapes.
4) Remember earlier when we talked about reversatol? Well it also helps control your blood sugar. Which means if you have diabetes it might actually help you regulate it by drinking a glass of fine. What a fun way to protect yourself.
5) You are 40 percent less likely to get sick if you drink red wine. The National Institutes of Health states that the natural antioxidants help fight infection and protect cells against disease.
6) Piceatannol is a chemical compound found in red wine. It apparently helps prevent fat cells from growing. My opinion: hit the gym then relax with a glass of wine as your follow up exercise.
7) The best reason to drink wine is because it tastes great. You can spice up a meal by pairing the perfect glass of wine or just enjoy an after dinner glass to relax. Anyway you dress it wine is the perfect end to the day and knowing that your actually doing something good for your body is an added bonus. Head out to the store and pick a bottle of Malbec and chill it in the fridge. You’ll thank me later.