Since being diagnosed with Celiacs Disease in 2011 I have found creative ways to enjoy my favorite foods. I love to play around with some of my favorite recipes and find ways to reinvent them.
So, here is a simple dish turned fab! On a scale from 1 t0 10 I would give it and easy 9.5! Enjoy !
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 large carrots
- 1 cup soy chorizo
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 bag of veggie crumbles
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning or your favorite seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Dice onion, carrots, and peppers to bite size pieces.
- Saute minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil under medium heat for about 2 minutes. Then add chopped raw veggies. Cook until soft, for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in soy chorizo and veggie crumbles, stir a few times then add you diced tomatoes.
- Next, add your seasoning of choice. I used the Target brand of Taco Seasoning. But you can use any taco spices.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is heating begin assembling your pie. Treat it just like a lasagna and place one layer of corn tortillas in the bottom of your pie dish. Then, add 2 hefty spoonfuls of your filling. Evenly spread your pie filling then top with a handful of cheese. Place a second layer of tortillas then repeat.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes covered with foil. Cheese underneath foil should be completely melted. After the 15 minutes, remove the foil cover then place back in oven until cheese darkens a little. Remove from oven after 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Slice your pie and serve with your favorite taco toppings. I chose homemade guacamole, salsa, and Greek yogurt (low cal substitute for sour cream).